Tuesday, August 28, 2007

More Thoughts on Technorati

As I was reviewing all the tasks for Libraries 2.0, I realized I had not blogged in very much detail about using Technorati. I did find the website easy to use and was both surprised and not surprised by some of my discoveries. I noticed the Homepage of Technorati had both tags and videos and when I used the search box to find something instead of directly clicking on a tag, more results did come up.

The first week I looked at Technorati I was surprised to find a couple of videos of Dick Cheney as some of the most popular. I did not look at the videos in detail, but I would have thought there would be videos of entertainment figures as the most popular, not politicians. I was unable to watch the videos due to time constraints to see whether or not the people who watched them were in agreement I continued exploring by looking at some of the tags on Technorati.

What did not surprise me was that I did find tags for both Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. I am not sure if people like watching them for the headlines they generate or because of their looks. I was pleasantly surprised by user friendly way the tags are arranged on the website.

It appears the tags are kept up to date and in a very timely manner. There was a tag just today for Owen Wilson who was in the news yesterday. Something else that was very disappointing to me was that more than 1 tag had links to videos of an adult nature. It is a part of internet content, but the potential for information and entertainment in this site is enormous. It was an interesting exercise to explore this website.

No comments: