Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Downloading Audio Books

In taking the tour of Overdrive, I found the short tutorials very straightforward and helpful. I clicked on several of them to find out the steps for searching and downloading books. The actual downloading is optional, but if time permits I am going to try it. Overdrive has a lot of choices as well as a lot of variety.


I decided to also explore Project Gutenberg and saw that their offerings are classic literature. When I was a child I read and enjoyed several of Jack London's books, but especially liked "White Fang." I downloaded this book and enjoyed some of that this afternoon. I will get back to my listening later on.

These sites are a tremendous resource for those who are sight impaired but can still operate either a hand held device or a computer. I would think that even if they require some assistance they would still be able to enjoy this type of service. This has been a very enjoyable task that has brought back memories for me.

No comments: