Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Locating Podcasts

This was the most challenging task of the entire 23 things for me. I encountered some difficulties with software and viewing the podcasts. While I was able to locate some podcasts I was interested in, some of them opened up and some did not. I followed the prompts and attempted to download the software that was indicated to get the podcast started, however the software would not load on my computer even after several attempts. I then went to Yahoo Podcasts and was able to listen to several of them, but never saw any video with them.

After locating an RSS feed for a news podcast, I was able to add it to the feeds on my bloglines account. This was not difficult at all for me at all so I was rather pleased with myself that I was able to accomplish this part of the task. Podcasts seem like they would work better for hand held devices and not quite as well being downloaded to a computer. It was a learning experience to try everything I could to accomplish the task at hand. Having the success of adding the RSS feed was a small victory, but one I was glad to get. I always like a good challenge.

No comments: