Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Google Docs, Zoho Writer and Web 2.0 Awards List Winners

The first task for week 8 of this project was to use a word processing program. I have used Microsoft Word many times in the past, so using Google Docs did not present any problems for me. I liked this one better than Zoho Writer. I thought Google Docs was more user friendly and I enjoyed creating a folder for my documents. I added some form letters I frequently use in my work. It will be helpful to me to have them stored in another place besides a disc and my hard drive when I need to access them. I enjoyed working with the features of this program.

The other task for this week involved exploring any site from the Web 2.0 Awards List. As a part of the 23 things I have already visited a number of these sites, so I decided to explore several new ones. I was intrigued by the promise of http://www.pandora.com/. This website boasts a radio station that plays only music the user likes.

I also looked at http://answers.yahoo.com/. One can find the answers, to many questions including the age old debate, hot dogs vs. hamburgers. This site seems to be used by a lot of people with time on their hands.

The next site I went to was the one I liked best, Craig's List. The website address is: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/. Even though this is for the San Francisco bay area, it is easy to type in your own location to find things such as job and apartment listings for your local area. I decided to plan my next vacation. I had reading the ads and looking at the beautiful photos of various vacation spots. I especially enjoyed the oceanfront views. For now, I must be content merely to plan my next vacation. Not because I did not find a spot I liked, but because my wallet is a little thin right now. Oh well, maybe next year.

No comments: