Monday, July 16, 2007

Heidi's Mother

This project is going to challenge my knowledge of technology. I am sure that I will need some help along the way, but I have already been offered assistance by 2 of my co-workers. This has made me more confident as I approach this learning project, that whatever happens, there is help when I need it.

After viewing the 7 1/2 habits tutorial, I realized that learning was more than just attending school or learning new job skills. You are also learning as you study another language and begin to speak it, or pursue your favorite hobby and discover a new way to do something.

The tutorial refers to 7 1/2 habits of successful lifelong learners. The habits are as follows: 1-Begin with the end in mind; 2-Accept responsibility for your own learning; 3-View problems as challenges; 4-Have confidence in yourself as a competent, effective learner; 5-Create your own learning toolbox; 6-Use technology to your advantage; 7-Teach or menor others, and 7 1/2 - Play. We are then asked to determine which of these habits is easiest for us and which is the hardest. For me the easiest habit was knowing where I want to end up. I want to try each of the 23 things and see what I can learn from them. The most difficult for the moment will be using technology to my advantage because I am not very techologically savvy, however, I expect that to change as I progress through the 23 things. I look forward to continuing my journey.

No comments: